Wednesday, September 3, 2014

URSP Student Dave Arena Researches Racial Microaggression, Intervening, and Team Performance


A Game of Postpone

The reason why I titled my article "A Game of Postpone" is not just because I absolutely love Game of Thrones, but a different reason. I have been held up a lot this summer due to some snafus with the IRB, Internal Ratings Board, about a measure in my study. Thankfully, as of last week, I am completely free to run my experiment! My day to day life as an intern under Dr. King involves several different tasks and procedures. Most of my work involves reading articles to help me better understand my research interests. I also work on data coding (which is what I was doing in my picture) for experiments that graduate students in Dr. King's lab are performing. We have made a lot of progress this summer together, and I look forward to continuing to work with Dr. King in the coming two semesters. 

Happily Moving Along,
Dave