Friday, February 19, 2016

FWS Student Highlights: Ammara Khursheed


Greetings! My name is Ammara Khursheed, and I am freshman honors college student majoring in Community Health with a minor in Conflict Analysis and Resolution. During the course of this school year, I have had the honor of working with Dr. Seth Kaplan and PhD Student Martin Biskup. I conduct weekly database searches to locate studies for a meta-analysis examining affective experiences inside, and beyond, the workplace. More specifically, we are investigating momentary mood, stress, and meaning at both work and other locations. Working as a research assistant has given me the opportunity to increase my knowledge of industrial/organizational psychology. This position has helped me learn how to manage my time and improve my concentration. It has also increased the capacity with which I am able to conduct scholarly research. This experience has helped me to grow exponentially as a researcher and will benefit me by offering me a firm foundation from which I can spring into research as an honors student and possibly through the Undergraduate Research Scholars Program.