Saturday, September 21, 2019

USTF Student Liam Timmons Attends the 2019 State Politics and Policy Conference


My experience at the 2019 State Politics and Policy Conference was valuable and enriching. I was able to speak to leading scholars in an emerging area of political science, state and local politics. This is a field that is rapidly growing in prominence, so it was fascinating to see all the cutting-edge research being done. In addition, although it is rare to present at this conference as an undergraduate, I felt entirely supported throughout the whole process, not only by Professor McGrath who helped me immensely on this project but everyone I spoke to at the conference. The feedback I received from my panel discussant has been valuable in helping me improve my work for a poster session at the 2019 APSA Annual Meeting in addition to eventual manuscript preparation. I was also able to hone my presenting skills through sitting in on panels and poster sessions. Overall, my experience at SPPC 2019 was worthwhile and rewarding.