Thursday, July 18, 2019

USTF Student Sheryne Zeitoun - AMSA 2019 National Convention and Research Exposition


The American Medical Student Association (AMSA) 2019 National Convention and Research Exposition was a great experience. Having had the opportunity to present my research, especially to individuals of various backgrounds, has helped me see the impact of my project and made me a much more confident public speaker. Also, by attending other presentations, I learned from others and improved my own skills and knowledge about my field. It was especially important to engage with others' work, ask questions, and learn about various public health and medicine issues. Additionally it was great to have different special guest speakers, breakout sessions, one-on-one engagements, group outings, and events for social interaction. 
The experience exposed me to new ways of operating and helped me discover ways to be even more productive. It also helped me in developing a strong professional network, since I was able to meet different individuals from various professional backgrounds.