Thursday, November 29, 2018

USTF Student Henry Brown Researches Goal Setting through the Game of Golf Ball





My HEAL 405 class presented at VAHPERD on how to teach skills in health. My partner and I focused on goal setting by presenting the game Goal ball. The audience wrote their goals on a half sheet of paper and then crumbled it up and threw it at a target. Then randomly they picked up a ball and revised the current goal into a SMART goal. They found the owner and explained why the SMART goal will help achieve their larger goal. After presenting we were able to visit other presentation, talk to other people in the field of physical education, and visit different exhibitors to help us bring different ideas to our teaching. I look forward to coming back as a physical educator next year to learn more and improve my teaching.