Friday, August 30, 2019

USTF Student Emma Wright Performs with her Choir at Carnegie Hall in New York City


The trip was great! I sit here today reminiscing about this trip: the bustling streets of New York, the powerful sound of multiple choirs put together, and the glorious stage that we performed on. The opportunity to perform at Carnegie Hall was made possible because of the University. As a musician, I know how important it is to have a lot of experiences. Experiences shape the delivery of the pieces we sing and play. The opportunity to sing at Carnegie Hall made a trip with my choir into the chance of a lifetime. I had a lot of fun with my friends in the city and learned about many things both musically and personally. For example, how to strengthen your connections to those you perform with. I have learned a lot more about my friends than I had in the past, we'd sit together on the big rock in Central Park and tell each other stories or eat ice cream together as we sit near the fountain at night, without a care in the world. I believe it was these moments that brought us closer together, connecting the experiences we had with each other, to the music we made together. I have made worthwhile memories that will last a lifetime.