Monday, November 26, 2018

USTF Student Kara Partlow Presents Teaching Skills in Health

My few of my fellow classmates and I were able to present at the Virginia Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance conference in Virginia Beach. At this conference we presented on the topic of “Teaching Skills in Health”. My topic that I presented with a peer was on the topic of interpersonal management and communication. It focused on how negative words or the downgrading of others can not only affect ourselves but also the people we are communicating with. This was a really great experience for us. We were able to present new activity ideas to current physical education teachers as well as learn new ideas and activities as future educators. This conference was also a great opportunity to network with current teachers and other peers in not only our career field but also out state.